Friday, February 27, 2009

company

What a week! Monday morning, 3:30..... Rick was out snowblowing over 18 inches of heavy white stuff. Mailbox was plowed down, power was out; no piano lesson for Kendra, and homeschool co-op ... cancelled.
Thus, a regular school day. But, Monday was really our only normal day!

I have been praying that God would use me and my family in some real way. I want to love people better. So, Kendra asked if we could give her friend, Kelley, a 16th b-day party Tues. She's going through a tough time and had a terrible party at her house. "Ya, sure," I said. Well, everything was going so smoothly.... until I was about to serve up dinner. Kell is pretty dramatic; and burst into tears, called her dad and asked him to pick her up! No, it wasn't the food; just a tough time in her life. Thankfully, she decided to stay, and we had a really good time.

Wednesday was a make-up school day for our co-op. We hosted the high school classes at our house; with kids coming around 2:30. Of course their younger brothers and sisters and moms were here, too. What fun! After class, people stayed for go-cart rides, sliding, ping pong, some played the piano and guitar, and then we roasted hotdogs and marshmallows around the wood stove. What a cool bunch of people!

Thursday, I had invited a homeschool mom and two of her children over because our Rec. director mentioned that this family would like to know more Poland homeschoolers. He asked if I'd call her. I did, she came, and we had a lovely time. Cindy has seven children, three grown. She and her husband attend the same church as some of our friends. They have a son Chris's age, so I really hope this could be an opportunity for him to connect with someone. This boy wasn't here yesterday, so we'll probably get together again.

Then, last night, the kids and I went to Mark and Robin's Bible study. Rick was at a late meeting with one of his reps., so couldn't be there. A man came for the first time, he attends our church, but may or may not know Jesus yet. That's one thing I love about our church, there are so many different types of people who attend; lots of opportunities. Anyway, the kids and I enjoyed the group, as well as having a chance to talk about faith, salvation, and other topics. It's a good discipleship-teaching class.

Today, I thought..... Friday, a normal day. Well, my friend, Nancy called and asked if I could watch her two boys while she went to work this afternoon. It was another chance to love people. You know, with all the activity, the kids still finished their schoolwork for the week, and we were all blessed! The crew, myself included, might be a little tired, but we are happy.

Tonight, we're wrapping up with a family movie.

Loving people is very rewarding.

No comments: