Sunday, January 11, 2009

Grandpa W. and Peter

It's late, but I want to give an update.

Sunday morning, 1-04-09; 6:45 a.m., Grandpa Webster died. He was 100 year old and is now born into eternity. Wow. Of course, there will be things that will remind me of him; camp, especially, also, his bedroom in Georgetown at my in-laws, also, holidays, because Grandpa W. always prayed before the meal. But, mostly, I am glad for him. He was such a godly, loving man. Grandpa lived well and now goes to such a better place.

Grandpa Ws funeral was on Thursday. He inspired people to run their liferace well and gave us a great example to follow. The message and eulogies were so memorable. David titled his, "Are You Ready?" He pointed out that Grandpa W. was ready to die because of His faith in Christ and the life of obedience he lived. Grandpa was ready; are we? Excellent.

The kids and I sang "What A Day That Will Be", and I played piano for the service. It was a privilege, and I was so thankful to keep my mind on serving.


We left of Georgetown the Monday after Grandpa's death. So, Wednesday, I was fortunate enough to drive Peter to his radiation and chemo treatments. Peter showed me around the facility....state of the art. The radiation room looks like something from NASA. No one can be in the room while he's being "radiated", and the actual machine looked something like a rocket!

The chemo room he was in was large and had seven recliner-type chairs. Pete is being given one of the strongest chemical combos available. However, he also takes a cocktail of drugs to prevent side effects. Miraculously, so far, his only complaints are fatigue and hiccups! :) I was so thankful to have gone with him. Everyone there is kind and professional. I really appreciate the insight into his treatment.

OK, it is very late, and I have to get up early tomorrow morning. I'm afraid I'm not as prepared to teach my history class as I'd like. SOOOOO, had better catch some zzzzz's so I can work and smile at the same time.

No comments: